Welcome

Have fun inside my head!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

My husband and I just spent our first Thanksgiving in Washington. We made the whole traditional spread with a turkey, two different stuffings, red cabbage (my family veggie) and spinach casserole (his family veggie), as well as mashed potatoes and corn. Also, homemade pumpkin pie, of course. We made it from the pumpkin that we picked at Strawberry Hill in October. We doubled the pumpkin and evaporated milk and made a deep dish pie and a little bread-pan shaped pie on the side. Super yummy!

Today, Black Friday, we slept in, had a leisurely morning and made a quick run to the grocery store for flour so I could make bread (we used all the homemade bread for the stuffing). In the afternoon, I read the book I wrote for NaNoWriMo (see my winner badge?) and edited parts to add to my word count while Ed read his new textbook. He is teaching an Optics class next semester to actual Physics majors!! We took a break from reading to decorate our apartment. We have Ed's train set up in our living room (he inherited it from his grandfather and I had the locomotive fixed for him as a gift last Christmas- this is the first time it has been up in about 20 years) but no tree as we will both be gone part of the holiday season.

I hope your holiday was wonderful, too. Off to have some pumpkin pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment