Welcome

Have fun inside my head!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Life Moves Pretty Fast...

I can't believe it is February already! And I haven't written anything here since September!

Well, Ferris Bueller had it right. "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

I don't think I have missed much, though. Most of my life at the moment has been about Baby.

Emilia Ruth Hamilton was born on November 12, 2011. She is our first child and our whole world at the moment. I will post her birth story in a separate post. She is 14 1/2 weeks old now and those weeks have flown by! During her first three months of life we have all traveled from WA to MI and back by train, spent 3 weeks with family, Daddy has gotten a new job in Texas which begins in August, Mommy has been crocheting like the wind in hopes of opening an etsy store and Milli (we call her Milli, reason will be in another post) has grown and grown.

Emilia was 7 lb 10 oz at birth- surprising size considering she was 12 days late. She was 20.5 in long, so she was long and thin. Now, she is 24 in and about 16 lb! But the most miraculous thing about her is that she has been sleeping through the night since she was 3 weeks old (I can hear some moms out there cursing). At 3 weeks, she was consistently sleeping 6 hours a night and by 6 weeks was doing 7-8. She has stuck with 8 as her average- did a couple 9 and 10 hour nights at random and a few 7 hour nights. I am a spoiled mamma!

Milli is also a very happy baby. She smiles most of the time and has very few crying fits. She currently goes to anyone who wants to hold her and is getting really good at making her desires known without resorting to weeping.

My friend, Debbie, called her first child a "hooker" because she gets you hooked and makes you want more... little do you know that the next ones are never as well behaved! I am hoping to have a second child next year (won't start trying until autumn), so hopefully we will see if she is right. :)

I am still on maternity leave for a few more weeks. My life currently consists of feeding, changing and playing with Milli. She has favorite books and smiles when she sees one she wants. She is "talking" now and has long conversations with me! We sing together almost every day and he new thing is chewing on my fingers.

Daddy is smitten.













As I have bragged about my daughter, I suppose I should brag about my husband! He has been just as loving to me since her birth as he was before! But even more, he has been a very attentive and doting father. He loves to cuddle with her and introduce her to things. He walks around the house and yard with her and talks about the things they are seeing. He shows her off at work and church and loves to take over for me on weekends. He changes diapers, calms crying, sings and rocks her to sleep. He gives her tons of kisses! And the phrase I hear most often out of his mouth is, "I love my little girl." Melts my heart every time!

3 comments: