Welcome

Have fun inside my head!

Friday, May 2, 2014

How in the world does Friday keep sneaking up on me? It is 10:34 at night and I have not thought at all about what my blog entry for this week should be. So I will just update people on a few things in my life. 

My daughter got her first teeth today! Bottom tooth one and two popped up sometime this morning. Whoo hoo! Now, maybe we will get a little more sleep until the next two come in.

I am taking a 5 week summer course at LeTourneau to try to finish up my degree. I am 6 credits shy and half of them need to be a lab science. I'll be taking Astronomy now and probably an education class later. I get to take it for free because my husband is a professor, although we still have to pay a lab fee and a deposit. Also, the prof who is teaching it is our house mate, so I am borrowing one of his books for free! Great deal!

There is a special little street fair in Kilgore this weekend to celebrate Free Comic Book Day and Star Wars Day. We are headed down in the afternoon to catch the costume contest. If I had known about it before Thursday I may have tried to dress us up. I might wear hair buns, but that is about all I can do with my current resources. Ed thinks we should have dressed the girls as Ewoks, but Texas weather in May is kind of hot for that get up.

Ed is about to turn in the last grades of the semester (three days early!). I love summer husband and his usefulness! Granted, he will be doing research for the next month; but he will also be watching the kids while I have class and study. The month will fly by.

Other summer adventures include, two trips to MI with a stop in WI during one of them. We haven't decided what to do for our anniversary yet. We usually go camping and have gone to a cabin the last two years because Milli was too young for really roughing it. This year we have two kids and can't really afford anything super special because of the MI trips, the WI stop (which is a physics conference for Ed), and the home improvements we need to make including new windows on the first floor and tile in the laundry room. We do, however, have a free babysitting offer. So we might go out for most of the day. And we will, of course, be reading a Wendell Berry. 

Not much else on my mind just now. But here are a few pictures because my blog is really all about the pictures.

Don't worry. My daughter can sing.

Blackberries with Daddy.

Llama foot.

Llama face.

Alpaca face.

Agudadah.

Another agudadah.

My sister being artistic.

Art #2.

Art #3.

And a moose.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment