Welcome

Have fun inside my head!

Friday, July 11, 2014

New Things!

 It has been a week of new things at the Hamilton house! We found the chrysalis of a variegated fritillary butterfly on the leaf of one of our tomato plants and within days is opened! the chrysalis looked really cool- it was white with gold spikes on it! Google image it- it is sweet! It was white for a couple days, green for one, and brown just before this guy popped out. He was set free in our garden and we have seen him or one of his sibs several times in the last few days. Milli thought it was the coolest thing and wanted the butterfly to come out right away! But I think she had fun watching the stages, too.




 We also had seven of our downstairs windows redone while we were in Michigan. They are a little larger than the ones we had before and they are so beautiful! We have already noticed the difference in temperature downstairs and we no longer have to worry about our kids around the lead based paint that the old ones had. We also bought some curtains and rods to replace the junky shutters. And we had the kitchen window replaced a couple of weeks before we left. I put the picture with these because it is still pretty new.




 The next new things is that we are foster parents to five puppies! Ever since we found out that our Reggie's siblings were all euthanized, we have wished we could have adopted one more. I put myself on the Human Society of East Texas facebook list so I would get updates. These five lab/shepherd mix pups were a few hours from death when we rescued them! There is a rescue who will take all five of them off of our hands tomorrow. We were hoping that we could get Reggie to like one, but being a Staffordshire, he has a prey mentality and just looks at them like he wants to shake them to death.

 Now that Molly is a little more independent and will play with her sister or by herself, I can actually get some projects done! This one is an accessories closet! I bemoaned the fact that I have so much jewelry that I don't wear because I don't have time to untangle the necklaces or look through my jewelry box for what I want. I forgot I had some of this stuff! But now, all my scarves, jewelry, and hair accessories are in one place- and so close to a large mirror.

I also moved my craft area and Daddy got his game room back.






That is what is new in my life. I am off to a nails and margaritas party with girls from my crochet club! Hope you have as much fun as I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment