Welcome

Have fun inside my head!

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Blogger wasn't working, so here in my November post.

Whew. That last post was so much work that I took a few weeks off! Just kidding. I was traveling. I took my two precious girls back to Michigan for a bit to visit with friends and family and to get apples!! Michigan had an amazing apple harvest this year and I got a bushel and a peck of them! So far we have made two pies (one for us and one for Milli's third birthday) and several quarts of apple sauce. We still have almost half what we started with! 

While home, we went to a Halloween party at my aunt's house, did nails with my mom and sisters, had a lot of restaurant food with friends, and spent time with Nana and Pop! Oh, and I spent a couple days in bed sick with something my girls had.

The drive up took only one day! But just as we were crossing the boarder from Illinois to Indiana (about 2 1/2 hours from home), Milli vomited. After cleaning her up and making two more stops, we made it to Nana's at Midnight-05. Pop was still up and took care of bathing Milli while I put the baby to bed and unpacked the car. Milli seemed fine after that, but I got it a little more than a day later. 

After the wonderful time in Michigan where we got both colors and snow, we came back to Texas with my brother in tow! Michael came to spend a week with us! Milli had been saying for weeks that Uncle Michael was going to come for her birthday. We drove back in one day, too, but without the vomiting. The very next day Ed and I did a 5k, we all went to the syrup festival in Henderson, hit the grocery store, and the boys went to game night while I took Milli to see Veggie Tales Live! Molly stayed home with a sitter. 

Other activities this week included: a trip to our local game store for Ed and Mike (boy bonding), a trip to Dallas for all the girls and Mike (Madness Games, Lockhart BBQ, and Four Corners Brewing Company), cooking at home (Korean bean buns, apple sauce, pies, baked mac & cheese, and calzones), eating out (Dudley's, Lil' Thai House, and Papacita's), and celebrating Milli's birthday. 

Yup, my little girl is 3!! We made her bed into a big girl bed by taking the front off. She got her own little pie and fun gifts which included Frozen outfits and movie, great books, and a scooter from Daddy! We had a little party with some friends to watch Frozen and do our Jamberry nails!

Now life must get back to normal... for a week... then we leave for a Thanksgiving trip to KY. And next thing you know it will be Christmas! Where has this year gone? I wish I had gotten more pictures of it. But here are a few:
I'm three, flirty, and fabulous!

My conference stash!

Dressing for MI is NOT like dressing for TX!

My cutie-patootie!

Story Time at Baker Book House.

Molly is wondering why Milli got fruit snacks and she didn't!

My little love bug!

Dorothy eating dirt.

Yoda

A wood elf.

He's a lumberjack and he's OK.

Dorothy and the engineer!

They love to hug!

Uncle Michael is extremely entertaining.

My Halloween nails (plus some Dia de los Muertos!).

They played well together.

Bob is looking at me upside down. Oh, and Milli is in a bowl.


This is the way a 3 year old smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment